Wish to collect data accurately and effectively, be informed while the data collection is happening and make decision along the way, or collecting data in remote areas?
Collector for ArcGIS is the ideal mobile GIS solution to record and update your spatial data.
What is it?
It is a field data collection application designed to capture new data or update existing records of any geometry type (point, line, polygon). There are two main methods of collecting data:
- Real-time using the map or GPS
Manager and field staff can have real-time and synced interaction based on data recorded on site to determine any changes to the operation.
- Offline using the map
When there are no cellular or GPS signal in more remote / obscured areas, the application can be pre-configured to an offline mode allowing for loading custom basemap on device. Data collected will also be saved on device until there is data signal and you wish to upload/sync it.
Who is it for?
Anyone with the needs to capture and update spatial and non-spatial data.
Here are a few examples on who will benefit from the application, though the possibilities are limitless:
- Council operations assessing and updating public assets
- Environmental operations mapping sightings of species
- Airport maintenance for utility or floor layout risk inventories
(live example from Atlanta Airport; ESRI)
- Commercial operation with a mobile workforce to collect information across city
(live example from ESRI)
What are the advantages?
- Mobility - works on smartphones and tablets with GPS signals.
- Designed for technical use – compatible with internal and external GPS receiver
- Secure - can host in own IT infrastructure such as ArcGIS Enterprise and Portal for ArcGIS
- Transferable – Collector for ArcGIS integrates with ArcGIS platform seamlessly, allowing further investigation to understand and monitor your data through add-ons such as operation dashboards.
For more information, check out ESRI's Collector for ArcGIS site here.
Contact us today on how Smart GIS Solutions can assist you with collecting data.